I was raised to be humble: Asif Ali

Asif Ali is undoubtedly Mollywood's fastest rising star. At 26, the actor has already developed a strong fan-base, winning the hearts of the audience with his memorable performances in flicks such as Traffic, Salt 'N Pepper and Sevenes.
With fame coming at such an early age, youngsters in showbiz often tend to sacrifice on their social life. However, Asif says he's having the time of his life and has never lost out on time with his friends and family because of his profession.
"Fame has never been a problem. I'm someone who still enjoys an unrestrained college lifestyle and on my off days, I make sure I have a blast with my friends just like anybody my age," he says. "You could spot us chilling out regularly at cafe joints in Ernakulam."
The reason for having such freedom could be the youngster's professional approach to his career. "Acting is a profession just like any other and in my short career I have tried to build the image of a good artist instead of a hero. More than playing a lead role, I'm adamant at playing a good character in the film, no matter the length of the role," explains Asif, most of whose movies have featured an ensemble cast.
One thing industry insiders tells us has worked for the actor is his humility - be it to his co-actors, crew or the seniors in Mollywood.
Quiz him on if it's a conscious act to climb his way and the actor says, "I was always softspoken and raised to be humble. It's not like I categorise people as my co-stars, seniors and media and change my colours according to the situation. I have kept it real before and after entering the industry."
With his professional approach and the right attitude, Asif is definitely a star in the reckoning.
........................................................................................................................................................................